Thursday, October 1, 2009

Honored 1: Aloa Person of the Year for the Legislative Action Network

I recently had some honors/responsibilities placed on me. The first happened at the Associated Locksmiths of America convention and tradeshow in Las Vegas, Nv this August.

Aloa named me as Person of the Year for work I've been doing to help combat the scammer locksmiths through the Legislative Action Network. The presentation was unannounced and I was quite taken by surprise. I received a call a short while before the award banquet and was asked to 'stop by' and say hello to a few people, so I did. I came by and spoke with a few people and was about to excuse myself as I had some other planned events coming up shortly and was asked 'won't you sit tight just for about 15 minutes'.

The presenter, Tim McMullen was making the presentations and they got to the last item and he started saying how some person had done this and that and all these anti-scammer things. I thought to myself, "I guess this is who they wanted me to talk to, I need to coordinate my efforts with what he is doing...it sounds like he is doing some good things."

Then at the end of the presentation, they said my name! I could feel my face flush with true surprise. I will always remember thinking how only seconds before I was trying to think of ways to communicate with the who's efforts they were describing.

I'm ever entertained by life's little irony's.

My next next thoughts as I walked up to get the very nice plaque were very sobering, real people are depending on me to sustain these efforts, to double those efforts in fact. I am not the commanding officer in this effort, Aloa is in the Company Commander spot...but I'm very conscious that I am at least doing map reading and navigation duty on the effort. My biggest fear is to lead the effort into an ambush or off the correct path.

In summary any accolade properly bestowed is also pre-loaded with responsibility.

The best way to 'stay clear' of scammers is by doing one of these two options when trying to find a real local locksmith:

1. Find a bona fide local Pop-A-Lock locksmith to service your needs.

2. Visit www.findalocksmith.com to select an Aloa professional locksmith.

Look for the Aloa symbol and scammer warning in your local yellow pages when seeking a 'scam free' locksmith.

Pop-A-Lock Locksmith
Aloa Locksmith

No comments:

Post a Comment